This chicken and andouille sausage gumbo is a omnipotent recipe for those who prefer gumbo without seafood.
The ingredient of Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo
- 1u2009u00bd pounds andouille sausage, sliced
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- u00bd cup canola oil
- u00be cup all-purpose flour
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 quarts hot chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 stalks green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon gumbo file powder, or to taste
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
The instruction how to make Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo
- Cook sausage in a Dutch oven on top of higher than medium heat, stirring every time until browned, virtually 5 minutes. cut off surgically remove sausage to a bowl and reserve drippings in the Dutch oven.
- Cook chicken in the drippings more than medium heat to brown both sides, very nearly 2 1/2 minutes per side. separate chicken and set aside.
- Heat oil in the Dutch oven. increase be credited with flour; cook and advocate for ever and a day higher than medium heat until roux is thick and the color of chocolate, 20 to 30 minutes. Be careful not to burn or youll have to start again.
- amass celery, onion, and buzzer pepper; cook and disquiet for 6 minutes. accumulate garlic and cook until fragrant, nearly 2 minutes longer. excite in hot broth and bring to a boil.
- amass chicken breasts, Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning, thyme, pepper flakes, and bay leaves. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, practically 1 hour. sever chicken and let cool.
- build up sausage to the gumbo and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Shred cooled chicken and ensue to the gumbo in the manner of green onions. Simmer for substitute 30 minutes.
- Remove gumbo from the heat. Discard bay leaves and sprinkle gumbo considering file powder. help more than hot rice.
Nutritions of Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbocalories: 603.7 calories
carbohydrateContent: 29 g
cholesterolContent: 90.9 mg
fatContent: 40.9 g
fiberContent: 2 g
proteinContent: 28.2 g
saturatedFatContent: 9.8 g
sodiumContent: 1925 mg
sugarContent: 3.1 g