Sotanghon soup is a delicious Filipino chicken noodle soup made in imitation of cellophane noodles, shiitake mushrooms, and green onions.
The ingredient of Chicken Sotanghon
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken legs
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 8 ounces bean thread noodles (cellophane noodles)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1u2009u00bd teaspoons achiote powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
The instruction how to make Chicken Sotanghon
- Bring water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in a large pot. grow chicken legs and simmer until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, virtually 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should entry at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Reserving the liquid, separate chicken and ascend to cool, subsequently next sever meat from the bones and shred next two forks. Discard the skin and bones.
- Meanwhile, place shiitake mushrooms in a bowl and pour enough warm water higher than them to cover completely; consent to soak until pliable, not quite 30 minutes. Remove mushrooms, reserving water; slice, and set aside. Place noodles in reserved water, adding more admiring water if needed to cover; ascend to soak until soft, roughly more or less 10 minutes. Drain and cut noodles if desired.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet more than medium heat. go to onion and garlic; cook and trouble until softened, nearly 5 minutes. go to achiote powder and continue to cook and excite until the merger is without difficulty coated. raise a fuss in shredded chicken meat, sliced shiitake mushrooms, and fish sauce; season subsequently salt and pepper.
- shake up in chicken broth and reserved cooking liquid from chicken. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes. grow noodles and cook 5 minutes more. ornament afterward green onions.
Nutritions of Chicken Sotanghoncalories: 210.2 calories
carbohydrateContent: 24.2 g
cholesterolContent: 29.8 mg
fatContent: 8.4 g
fiberContent: 0.8 g
proteinContent: 8.9 g
saturatedFatContent: 1.7 g
sodiumContent: 736.8 mg
sugarContent: 1.5 g